2023 The Places You Go Scholarship
Our team at Angela Faye Brown & Associates believes in giving back and empowering young growing minds to succeed. We work with many families and children and believe that education should be accessible to everyone regardless of their economic status. For this reason, we are proud to announce that we are hosting The Places You Go Scholarship.
As attorneys who focus on family law, we see many children who move to new schools, homes or cities once the divorce is finalized. Oftentimes, this can be difficult for the kids as they are placed out of their comfort zones, but more often than not, they slowly come to love their new surroundings. As we get older and expand our horizons either by traveling or moving, we slowly gain a new perspective on culture, people, and life.
For this scholarship, we ask applicants to discuss a time when they were forced out of their comfort zone and exposed to new surroundings and environments. We ask them to share a personal experience of how moving or traveling enables someone to gain perspective and learn about themselves.
Once all submissions have been received, the entries will be reviewed, and one student will be selected to receive a $1,000 award. We will award the scholarship to the student with the best essay, describing new perspectives gained from a particular travel or relocation experience.
- The scholarship is open to any current high school senior, college student or graduate student who is a legal resident of the United States residing in one of the 50 states or the District of Columbia.
- Employees of Angela Faye Brown & Associates, PLLC, their immediate families (parent, child, sibling and spouse), and persons living in the same households of such individuals (whether related or not), are not eligible to participate in the competition.
- Candidates for this scholarship should have a minimum GPA of 3.0 or higher and be in good overall academic standing.
- The candidate must submit a 500-word essay response to the prompt and/or a 1-minute minimum video essay: Discuss how moving or exposure to new environments through travel can positively impact a person’s life. Include a personal story and what life lessons were learned through this experience.
- The candidate must submit a professional resumé that lists their experience, both professional and academic.
- The candidate must submit a transcript from their current school. First-year college students, graduate students or individuals who have recently transferred schools may submit an unofficial transcript from their current school, as well as the most recent official transcript from their prior school. High school students must also submit proof of acceptance to their college or university.
The recipient of the 2023 The Places You Go Scholarship will be chosen during the month following the scholarship deadline.
Application Deadline and Instructions
To be eligible for this scholarship, candidates must email their full application (including the essay, resumé, and transcript) to [email protected] by February 28, 2023. Any applications sent after this date will not be considered.
Scholarship applications should be sent with the subject line “Angela Faye Brown & Associates, PLLC – 2023 The Places You Go Scholarship Application.”
Please join us in congratulating our previous winners of the Places You Go Scholarship!